Tuesday 9 April 2019

The voyage begins: Bergen to Alesund

I began a concertina A5 sketchpad for the Bergen - Kirkenes - Bergen journey. Here is the first start to drawing as it begins in port on the first page. 

The beauty of a concertina pad is you can choose at whim when to cross over a page or, as in this case, make a multi page drawing. 

I'll share the full images when I return, these blog posts are mainly to record the method and the locations of action. But to give a sense of what they are shaping up to:

And then, overnight, we set off through the Fjord.

 Maloy

 Skorpa

 Torvik

Fjellstua, Alesund (the man in his usual spot is called Anton).

 Same pictures and pages continuing.

I was testing out new ways of drawing cliffs. This one was only semi successful. 

Overview of Alesund from Fjellstua. 
 My most ambitious drawing so far. And it tired me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment