Sunday 13 May 2012

12 - page Mini Comics

I worked something out today. 
I wasn't sure it would work, but it did, so I feel childishly proud of myself and I'm going to show you how I made them here   :   expect to make 12 page mini comics next time I do a workshop! I've got the bug now!

Step 1 : Where 8page minicomics are really easy to lay out and fold, 12pagers bewildered my head and I couldn't abstractly do the maths. So I had to just do it and then work backwards (I now have a template),
Step 2 :  Only after I'd done the minicomic did I work out what size and shape page works best, so next time I will know to do a much simpler image without so much packed in! 
2 copies of this size fit on one page of A3, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover it works out just as cheap as doing a normal A4 8page mini comic.
Step 3 : It's harder to tear a strip off, the way you can for 8pagers, so scissors are kind of necessary - but even then my weak mind cannot yet process how the pages are going to fold.
 Step 4 : Fold the pages kinda like this! A bit fiddly! ('Specially when holding a heavy camera in the other hand).
 Step 5 : Tighten the folds, trim off any excess paper, maybe add a paper clip and there you have a mini 12pager!
 Step 6 : These are not really steps, they're just the number of pictures I had, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment